- About faculty
- Study programmes
- The Department of Andragogy
- The Department of Elementary and Preschool Pedagogy
- The Department of Ethics and Civic Education
- The Department of Music education
- The Department of Pedagogy
- The Department of Psychology
- The Department of Social Work
- The Department of Theology and Religious Education
- The Department of Fine Arts Education
- Educational Research Center
- Academic Calendar
- Bilateral agreements
- General Information
- Incoming students - Before arrival
- Study guide or catalog of courses - only Slovak version
- Specialized subjects taught in foreign languages
- Visa and residence permit
- Health insurance
- Buddy system
- How to get to Banská Bystrica
- Arrival to Banská Bystrica
- Leaving procedure
- University library
- About the city
- Visit Banská Bystrica
- Incoming teachers and staff
- Mobilita študenti OUTGOING
- Mobilita pedagógov (výučba)
- Mobilita administratíva (školenia)
- Buddy Programme
- About the University
- Visit Banská Bystrica
Legalization of Stay for non-EU students
Each student from non-EU should possess the Schengen or National visa and Temporary Residence Permit. There are two possibilities how to apply for the residence permit:
- A foreigner has to submit the application for granting the permanent residence personally, abroad it means in home country at the representative office of the Slovak Republic in that country, which issued his/her passport, or at such office in the country of his/her permanent residence. (If there is no representative office of the Slovak Republic, he/she has to submit the application at a foreign mission determined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic.)
enclosures to your applications:
- travel document - passport valid for at least 6 months after the completion of the study period in the host country
- document on the purpose of stay (Letter of Acceptance/Invitation Letter),
- confirmation on his/her blamelessness (so called Criminal Record with apostile )
- document confirming provision of accommodation
- health insurance and financial coverage of residence for a period of one year (till July 2013 a monthly minimum financial coverage was 194,58 Eur) you can proove sholarship allocation ar bank account statement
- 2 photographs (3 x 3,5 cm) showing his/her current visage.
The permit for temporary stay is bound to one purpose = STUDY in ths case of Erasmus Stay. If a foreigner intends to carry out a different activity that for the permit for temporary stay was granted he/she has to submit a new application for granting of temporary stay.
- Foreigners coming to Slovakia for the purpose of the activities in the framework of Erasmus programme may apply for granting the permanent residence also at the appropriate Foreign Police Office in the Slovak Republic.
A foreigner need enclose to the application:
- Travel document, valid for at least 6 months after the completion of the study period in the host country,
- Document on the purpose of stay (Letter of Acceptance/Invitation Letter),
- Confirmation on his/her blamelessness (so calledCriminal Record),
- Document on provision of accommodation,
- Health insurance and financial coverage ofresidence for a period of one year,
- 3 photographs (3 x 3,5 cm) showing his/her current visage.
- Application form, you get it at Foreign Police Department
Each student from non-EU has to:
- register at Foreigner´s Police Office (FPO) in Slovakia in 3 working days after arrival!!! Registration at the Foreign Police Office Student need to go to this office with passport and sign a paper about arrival to Slovakia. This can be done in any Foreign Police Office (FPO) in every city. This must be done within 3 working days afterarrival. The sooner, the better.
- apply for the Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) 30 days before the expiry date of his/her VISA or within 60 days after crossing the Slovak border (however they should do it as soon as possible, within the first 3 weeks). Application for the Temporary Residence Permit. Temporary residence permit is a document that allows a foreign student to stay and study in Slovakia after his/her VISA permit expires. It is necessary, even if student owns special or diplomatic passport. To receive this document, the student must hand in a few documents from different offices and pay a fee.
- take a Medical Examination in a Department of foreign diseases in no longer than 30 days from receiving the TRP. Students will receive help from faculty coordinators and buddies to manage theseobligations after arrival.
Foreigner's Police Office
974 01 Banska Bystrica
Tel.: +421 48 961 603 230
Certified Translation from Turkish to Slovak - only in Bratisalva!
Turkish Embassy in Bratislava - Turecká ambasáda
811 03, Bratislava
tel.: +421 2 5949
0900, +421 2 5441 5504, +421 2 5441 5606, +421 2 5441 8580, fax: +421 2 5441 3145/5949 0933,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: bratislava.be.mfa.gov.tr
Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 18:00
Directions: Check trains and buses to Bratislava at www.cp.sk .
Documents that student must obtain in home country before arrival:
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months after study in Slovakia ends
- Confirmation of a grant, e.g. Erasmus grant, from his/her sending University (or another institution) - Document must have certified translation into Slovak language
- Nomination to study at Matej Bel University from student sending University - Document must have certified translation into Slovak language
- Criminal Record document from student home country, if student stayed in some EU country in last 3 years the Criminal Record from this country is also required - Criminal record has to be certificated by Apostille or by higher legal authority.
Documents that student obtains in Slovakia
- Confirmation of the study at Matej Bel University given by coordinator in Matej Bel University
- Confirmation about accommodation in Slovakia given by dormitory manager (or manager of apartment if you find your own accommodation)
- Application form for Permanent residence permit obtained in FPO - Better to take this form when you go to FPO to register for the first time and fill it at home, because it is quite complicated and your buddy can help a lot.
Documents that student can obtain in his/her home country or Slovakia
- 2 passport photos (3 x 3.5 cm)
- European Health Insurance Card or Certificate - this document must have certified translation into
- Slovak language in case you bring it from home country
- Medical Examination: Students from non EU countries need to take a health examination in the Department of foreign diseases at the Faculty hospital in Martin (63 km from Banská Bystrica) or in Banská Bystrica ( it costs 165,50 Eur)The date of the examination will be managed by afaculty coordinator in Matej Bel University 1 or 2 weeks after arrival of foreign students to Slovakia.
Legalization of Stay for EU country
Students from EU countries do not need to have the temporary residence permit or another permission to study in Slovakia. They are however obliged to apply for registration of their stay in Slovakia if they stay in the country for more than 90 days. The deadline is 10 days after this period, his means 100 days after arrival in Slovakia. But it is possible to do the registration sooner, so we recommend you to do it as soon as possible.
The documents needed for registration :
- Confirmation of the study at Matej Bel Universitygiven by coordinator in Matej Bel University
- Confirmation about the accommodation in Slovakia given by the dormitory manager (or manager of apartment if you find your own accommodation)
- Application form for Permanent residence permitobtained in Foreigner´s Police Office
- 2 passport photos (3 x 3.5 cm)